Thursday, November 13, 2014

Hibernation

It has been so damn cold here that I can barely bring myself to leave my layers of blankets, dogs, and cats.  It dropped 35 degrees in an hour on Monday and went downhill from there.
Jasper says, "wake me when it is spring."
This morning when I woke up, it was -3F.  Yesterday topped out at 7 and today might have made it to 15.  Screw that.  I have turned into some sort of crazy bag lady, wandering around the house wrapped in a blanket.  Jasper and Aragorn snuggle up with me and the husband while Maya runs around like a nut job, bored.  Griffin just watches the whole thing, wondering what odd place he has landed at.

Maya says, "this weather is awesome!"
All horse activity has come to a screeching halt.  Fawkes was supposed to get clipped yesterday but that would have been cruel.  He has spent the last few days wrapped up in blankets of his own, eating.  I didn't even want to turn him out in the indoor, get all hot, and then have to blowdry him before putting him back out.  It was too dark to get pictures when I saw him tonight, but he seems quite content. 

I, on the other hand, flirted with hypothermia breaking ice up in his water trough and fishing out the chunks.  It is a special kind of pain.

Jasper a few weeks ago, just because he is adorable.


Maybe, just maybe, it will get warm enough tomorrow that I can ride my horse.  That will be an adventure for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Oye that is sooooooo cold!! No.thank.you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like winter but this in November is out of control!

      Delete